Wine Country Meetings: What Sets Us Apart?
We are constantly asked by friends and family “What is the difference between Napa and Sonoma”? Our answer is always the same and is focused on three words “EXPERIENCE OUR PASSION”! In our opinion the difference between Napa and Sonoma is all about the Experience and the Passion that we all share for our destination.
- Experience a 55 mile picturesque coastline that offers group Deep Sea Fishing activities, Golfing, Hiking, Yoga and Spiritual Retreats, Day Spa’s, and Beach picnics.
- Experience Authenticity - Sonoma County as a whole is known for its genuine, caring and reliable hospitality. There is nothing stuffy about Sonoma County! We are REAL. We are LAID BACK, and we love to share our PASSION! It is not uncommon to see a winemaker or owner of a winery during your visit. They will be more than happy to share their thoughts on a wine you may be tasting or our destination.
- Experience Team Building Activities ranging from A – Z due to our expansive county.
- Zip line through the redwoods
- Kayak trips down the Russian River
- Hiking tours in the Vineyards, Red Woods and Coast
- Wine Tasting & Wine Pairing experiences – meet the winemaker.
- Home Craft Brew Tasting Tours
- Theatre performances at Jack London State Park
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Day Spa’s
- Unique offsite venues – Barn experiences, wine caves, barrel rooms, wineries, beach parties – and so much more!
- Experience a destination that believes and supports Sustainability - The Sonoma County Winegrape Commission, also known as Sonoma County Winegrowers (SCW), is committed to becoming the nation's first 100% sustainable wine region by 2019.
- Experience more bang for your buck! Our lodging rates are much more tolerable on the budget than our next door neighbor – Napa.
- Experience a destination that believes in locally sourced products and serves meals that are farm to table.
- Experience less traffic congestion.
- Experience convenient daily flights on Alaska Airlines from San Diego, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle – and now beginning on March 16 from Orange County to Sonoma County Airport.
And our clients agree: “We hosted an incentive program with 375 attendees at the lovely Fairmont Mission Inn in Sonoma. This location was chosen for its intimate appeal, wide variety of activities, charming square and partnership of Sonoma County Tourism. Our Awards Program was held in a Barrel Room of a major winery and will be talked about for years to come, indeed.” -Sandy Rim, CMP, MIM Meetings Info
“Your team was of great assistance and reason why this group chose Sonoma for their Annual Conference. The client was looking at 4 different destinations and chose Sonoma. I believe it was a success for several reasons. You, as the Sonoma CVB set your destination apart from the other destinations…. From the start you as our CVB representative wanted to truly understand the program, prior destinations, what worked, and what didn’t etc.…. I, and my client felt you had a genuine interest in making sure your destination would be a great fit before we proceeded. We ended up succeeding our room block and other commitments, the feedback from the attendee surveys were at one of the highest and best. Thank You for all of dedication to this client, we felt you were part of team in making the program such a success and Sonoma will now be in our Annual Conference rotation.” -Darla Huckaby, CMP, Conference Direct
We're here for you! The Sonoma County Tourism sales staff is ready to help you with any questions about planning your meeting to California’s Sonoma Wine Country: Contact us.