Current job opportunity at Sonoma County Tourism:
Job Title: Sales and Services Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Sales Officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Posting Date: April 20, 2017
SCT Mission - The SCT’s mission is to promote Sonoma County’s identity as a premier overnight destination with unique and diverse experiences.
Summary: Sales and Services Coordinator provides support services for sales staff and for meetings and events held in the community. Sales and Services Coordinator also supports SCT customer service programs and assists in wedding leads and follow-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Provide administrative and general support to the SCT sales staff for tradeshows, special events and other activities.
- Maintain travel calendar and related budget, as well as tracking sales staff trip and tradeshow reports.
- Assist with coordination of special events and tradeshows, including shipments of collateral and amenities.
- Monitor use of SCT informational booth wings.
- Coordinate and ship auction donations.
- Effectively pack and ship materials for tradeshows and special events. Order amenities for all SCT staff to use, coordinating with other departments for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Track use of SCT wine inventory by Sales, following established procedures.
- Provide technical support on the CRM system to SCT’s Sales staff.
- Coordinate prize delivery with winners of giveaway prizes given at various functions and trade shows.
- Ensure visitors to the SCT area receive the necessary services and resources they require. Work closely with all staff and partners to provide materials for community guests.
- Maintain and update travel calendar (Big Board) to ensure timely shipments.
- Work effectively with volunteers, partners, committees, city and county officials, hoteliers and hospitality industry staff.
- Maintain adequate and updated supplies of SCT and local partners’ collateral for use by Sales staff.
- Cover front desk as needed or requested.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our focus is first on the right person, rather than a specific education; however, the ideal candidate will have an Associate’s Degree with 2+ years’ experience as an assistant or administrator in the tourism field OR an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Power Point; working knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Simpleview or other CRM database (such as Constant Contact)
- Comfortable navigating computer software and the Internet
- Proficient in professional communication including oral and written (face-to-face and telephone)
- Skilled in high level, professional customer service
- Ability to work effectively with people of all levels and cultures
- Ability to perform consistently in a fast-paced, multi-tasked and deadline-driven environment
- Must be flexible, diplomatic, and reliable in meeting deadlines and managing priorities as directed
- Knowledge of the tourism and hospitality industry a distinct advantage
- Must hold current status as a Sonoma County Certified Tourism Ambassador or obtain the designation within 6 months of hire and renew annually
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires sitting, talking and keyboard manipulation. Must be able and willing to lift and carry, or otherwise move and position, objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Travel by car is required; proof of acceptable DMV driving record and sufficient insurance will be required annually.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Open until filled. Should your materials meet our criteria, you will be contacted directly. SCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages all qualified parties to apply.