RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS & RECORDING POINTS
Thank you for your commitment to our visitors.
What is Renewal of Certification?
In order to maintain the CTA designation, all CTAs are expected to continue their education and grow their capabilities on an ongoing basis, year-after-year. This process is called Renewal of Certification. Renewal of Certification is required in order to continue to use your CTA designation behind your name and to wear your CTA pin.
How Do I Earn 50 Points?
While some specific learning experiences are mandatory for all CTAs in a given year, the structure of the renewal process enables you to choose learning experiences that appeal to you and complete them on a timetable that best fits your schedule. Points may be earned by doing the following:
- Exploring Sonoma County (Attractions, Art Events, Farmers Markets, Restaurants, Wineries, etc) (10 points)
- Familiarization Tours ( 20 points)
- Attending CTA Networking Events (5 points)
- Volunteering (5 points)
- Reading Books, Articles or Reports (5 points)
- Attending Educational Programs or Seminars on Tourism-Related Topics (5 points)
How to Record CTA Points for Renewal
- Visit www.ctanetwork.com
- Login using your Username & Password.
- On the left side, under your profile picture, click "Record My Points".
- Click "Update Your Renewal Applicatons"
- If you've never recorded points, then it will say "Begin
- Your Renewal Applications".
- Review your profile information, make changes if necessary, then click, "Save".
- Record your points. Under volunteer area.
- For attractions not on the list you can enter them either under “Attending CTA networking Events/Activities or Attending Educational programs, Seminars” and get 5 points.
- Once you’ve gotten 50 points, no need to go over the points, you can save them for next year.
What Is The Deadline To Renew?
First Renewal Cycle - All new CTAs must renew by October 31 of the first full calendar year after receiving the CTA designation.
- Certified in 2013 or before: Must renew by October 31, 2014
- Certified in 2014 or before: Must renew by October 31, 2015
What is the Renewal Fee?
$25 prior to 10/31 and $35 through 12/31
The Renewal Fee is used to enhance the CTA program in your area by keeping CTANetwork.com a useful and up-to-date resource; hosting CTA Networking Events; ongoing program administration; etc. Any Renewal of Certification applications submitted after October 31 (between November 1 and December 31) may be charged a higher fee.