Built in 1887, the Kenwood Depot served proudly as central Sonoma Valley’s primary railroad station from 1888 to 1934 when rail service finally gave way to the automobile. Today, the trains and even the tracks are gone but still here to remind us of those colorful years is a small stone depot on Warm Springs Road in the village of Kenwood, California. The Depot is surrounded by a quiet, rural setting with vineyard views and bathes in the enviable tempo of Sonoma Valley Wine Country. As Historic Landmark #46, the Depot celebrated its 125th year of service in 2013, which is remarkable in that the other original stations along the “Napa Junction to Santa Rosa” rail line have all been lost, but for a few old photos. The charm and durability of this stone depot has survived and continues to serve the community of Kenwood and others who add their meetings and events to the Depot’s history. The Depot is also home to the Kenwood Community Club, a non-profit corporation that manages and preserves this treasure for future generations.