After 20 years of annual festivities, in 2017 the Heirloom Tomato Festival held each fall at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens morphed into a new, more intimate event that engages all the senses — the Kendall-Jackson Harvest Celebration.
The goal is to capture the bounty of harvest, while still celebrating tomatoes. Fans of the estate's garden-grown heirloom tomotoes won't be disappointed, but there is so much more to experience and savor.
The Harvest celebration includes:
- Farm fresh produce straight from the estate garden (including the famous tomatoes)
- Dynamic educational seminars featuring wine blending, truffle hunting, barrel making, and mozzarella stretching
- Master Gardener workshops on beekeeping, honey tasting, small scale food gardening, good bugs, pickling from the garden, and more
- Live cooking demonstrations by renowned chefs
- Unique plates by select local purveryors
- Outdoor painting sessions
- Live music in the garden
- And, of course, Kendall-Jackson wines
Proceeds from ticket sales benefit the UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County, a nonprofit group that provides environmentally sustainable, science-based horticultural information throughout Sonoma County.
Kendall-Jackson Wine Center, 5007 Fulton Road, Santa Rosa, 866-287-9818