After 20 years of annual festivities, in 2017 the Heirloom Tomato Festival held each fall at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens morphed into a new, more intimate event that engages all the senses — the Kendall-Jackson Harvest Celebration, slated to return for its second annual event on Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018.
The goal is to capture the bounty of harvest, while still celebrating tomatoes. Fans of the estate's garden-grown heirloom tomotoes won't be disappointed, but there is so much more to experience and savor.
The Harvest celebration includes:
- Farm fresh produce straight from the estate garden (including the famous tomatoes)
- Dynamic educational seminars featuring wine blending, truffle hunting, barrel making, and mozzarella stretching
- Master Gardener workshops on beekeeping, honey tasting, small scale food gardening, good bugs, pickling from the garden, and more
- Live cooking demonstrations by renowned chefs
- Unique plates by select local purveryors
- Outdoor painting sessions
- Live music in the garden
- And, of course, Kendall-Jackson wines
Proceeds from ticket sales benefit the UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County, a nonprofit group that provides environmentally sustainable, science-based horticultural information throughout Sonoma County.
Kendall-Jackson Wine Center, 5007 Fulton Road, Santa Rosa, 866-287-9818