Sonoma County is big and diverse. We can help by pointing you in the right direction and providing the contacts you need.
The public relations team can provide:
- Information about trends and new things in Wine Country
- Contacts for local businesses
- Photos and video for your story
- Limited fact-checking of your story
- Information about film permits
- Contacts for winemakers and grapegrowers
- Assistance with press trips
If you are coming for a visit, we can be as hands-off as giving you a map and a 'good-luck,' or as hands-on as crafting an itinerary and confirming details.
For visits, please keep in mind a few things:
- Contact us at least six weeks in advance of visit for the best assistance.
- If you are on assignment, please let us know who you are with, what kind of story is planned, and who we can contact to confirm all this. If you are not on assignment, be prepared to show us samples of your previous work.
- We rely on the kindness of our community partners for media rates or hosted experiences. It is much easier for us to accommodate you if you come mid-week or during a shoulder season.
- We don't do big "factory FAMs." We're a unique, special destination. Don't you want your trip to be as well? We do bring in smaller groups on a case-by-case basis.
Information About Trends and What's New in California's Sonoma Wine Country
An entire library of current and past press releases is available for your use. Further, we regularly send out updates to media on our database. View the press release library here.
Contacts for Local Businesses
If you can't find the name of the person responsible for PR for a specific company, let us know. We can help find them for you.
Photo and Video Library
Please submit your photo request. We maintain a library of great photos to use for stories promoting travel to Sonoma County. We can respond to your request within 48 hours.
We think all of your stories should be factual, and can assist with minor fact-checking. We will answer specific questions from your story, but cannot edit an entire article.
For information about film permits, please contact:
Specific questions about the grape growing and wine-making industries in Sonoma County can be addressed to:
Contact Sonoma County Tourism:
Director of Global Media Relations
Request Media Assistance