Wine Country Meetings: What Sets Us Apart?
Family, friends and the meetings industry constantly ask us, “What is the difference between Sonoma County and other California Wine Country destinations, specifically Napa Valley”? Our answer is always the same and is focused on three words “EXPERIENCE OUR PASSION”! In our humble opinion, the difference between Sonoma County and other wine country destinations is all about the unique experience that is realized while visiting our one of a kind destination. Although both Napa Valley and Sonoma County offer outstanding wine, the destinations are vastly different from one another. Besides fabulous wine and gorgeous county side, what else can a group expect to experience while in Sonoma County.
- Experience a 55-mile picturesque coastline that offers group Deep Sea Fishing activities, Golfing, Hiking, Yoga and Spiritual Retreats, Day Spa’s, and Beach picnics.
- Experience Authenticity - Sonoma County as a whole is known for its genuine, caring and reliable hospitality – there is nothing stuffy about Sonoma County! We are REAL, We are LAID BACK, and we love to share our PASSION! Enjoy an opportunity to meet the winemaker at a wine pairing dinner.
- Experience Team Building Activities ranging from A – Z due to our expansive county.
- Zipline through the redwoods
- Kayak trips down the Russian River
- Hiking tours in the Vineyards, Red Woods and Coast
- Wine Tasting & Wine Pairing experiences – meet the winemaker.
- Home Craft Brew Tasting Tours
- Theatre performances at Jack London State Park
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Day Spa’s
- Unique offsite venues – Barn experiences, wine caves, barrel rooms, wineries, beach parties – and so much more!
- Experience a destination that believes and supports Sustainability - The Sonoma County Winegrape Commission, also known as Sonoma County Winegrowers (SCW), is committed to becoming the nation's first 100% sustainable wine region by 2019.
- Experience more bang for your buck! Our lodging rates are much more tolerable on the budget than our next-door neighbor – Napa.
- Experience a destination that believes in locally sourced products and serves meals that are farm to table.
- Experience less traffic congestion! Sonoma County is the size of Rhode Island and is comprised of five (5) valleys.
- Experience convenient daily flights on Alaska Airlines from San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Portland, and Seattle. American Airlines offers two flights per day from Phoenix to Sonoma County Airport (STS). United Airlines offers three (3) flights per day from SFO.
Overall, Sonoma is more expansive, spread out, and laid-back than Napa. Sonoma County visitors often say Sonoma is “less commercialized” than Napa. It’s almost double the size of Napa and grows far more grapes than Napa in a variety of conditions. People come from all over the world to sip Sonoma’s creamy and zesty Chardonnay, cool climate Pinot Noir, juicy Zinfandel, impressive Red Blends, and refreshing Sparkling Wine.
Consider Sonoma County for your next conference, training meeting, executive board retreat or sales incentive. Sonoma County is “Open for Business,” - and we're here for you! The Sonoma County Tourism sales staff is ready to assist with any questions about planning your next meeting in California’s Sonoma Wine Country: Contact us.