Be Prepared: Kincade Fire Information
We are pleased to report the Kincade fire is (largely) in our rearview mirror. We appreciate the heartfelt words of encouragement throughout the entire incident. The very best way to support Sonoma County in the coming months is to visit! Our wineries, restaurants, retailers and lodging properties are either up and fully operational or will be very soon. Our welcome mat is out!
The Sonoma County Airport (STS) has reopened. We continue to encourage travelers to check with the air carrier should there be any flight changes.
The Airport Express from San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) is operating at all stops.
The SMART train is operating at all stops. Ride FREE through Nov. 6.
We continue to encourage visitors to check ahead before visiting specific portions of Sonoma County and with the lodging properties. For information about the specific area you are planning to visit, please connect with the Visitor Centers in each area:
Bodega Bay Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
Bodega Bay, CA 95423
Cloverdale Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
126 N. Cloverdale Blvd.
Cloverdale, CA 95425
Geyserville Chamber of Commerce
Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau
217 Healdsburg Ave.
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Mark West Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
4787 Old Redwood Highway
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Petaluma Visitors Center
210 Lakeville St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
Rohnert Park Chamber of Commerce
101 Golf Course Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 95428
Russian River Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
16209 First Street
Guerneville, CA 95446
Santa Rosa/California Visitor Center
9 Fourth St.
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
265 S. Main St.
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau
453 First St. East
Sonoma, CA 95476
Windsor Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
9001 Windsor Road
Windsor, CA 95492
For information about additional visitor services, please use this link to the SonomaCounty.com list of offices.
All of us at Sonoma County Tourism express an enormous debt of gratitude to our firefighters, first responders and those who tirelessly helped our residents throughout the community.
We appreciate the great work and leadership of our elected officials on the county and municipality levels and all the staff hours dedicated to managing us through this event.
We encourage all to join us in using our hashtag to show our welcome for visitors from throughout California, across the country and around the world:
We continue to encourage anyone planning a visit to Sonoma County check with the lodging property and other locations before beginning your travels.
For Media Questions:
- Claudia Vecchio, President & CEO – 707-806-9886
- Birgitt Vaughan, Director, Global Media Relations – 707-477-8035
- Todd O’Leary, VP, Marketing and Communications – 414-897-1500
- CAL FIRE Wildfire Preparedness
- California Firesafe Council
- County of Sonoma road closures map
- FCC/FEMA Emergency Communications Tips
- FEMA app
- PG&E – Be Prepared for Emergencies
- PG&E – Wildfire Safety Program
- Public Safety Power Shutoff
- Ready.gov – Be Informed: Power Outages
- Ready.gov – Be Informed: Wildfires
- Red Cross – Disaster Safety for People with Disabilities
- Visit California – Travel Alerts
- US Travel Association Emergency Readiness and Response
- West Coast Travel Facts
- Public Safety Power Shutoff Fact Sheet (pdf)
- Public Safety Power Shutoff Statewide Fact Sheet (pdf)