Sonoma County Tourism Publicity & Media Services
Sonoma County Tourism is the region's Destination Stewardship Organization.
Our public relations and communications team provide travel insights, unique story ideas, data, photos and videos, insider research, and local contacts for our friends in the media. For press and media on deadline, please contact us at [email protected]
Director of Public Relations
o 707-522-5826 c 707-919-5894
Senior Manager, Consumer Public Relations
o: 707-522-5818 c: 707-919-5893
The public relations team can provide:
- Information about trends and new things in Wine Country
- Contacts for local businesses
- Photos and video for your story
- Limited fact-checking of your story
- Information about film permits
- Contacts for winemakers and grapegrowers
- Assistance with press trips
For visits, please keep in mind a few things:
- Contact us at least six weeks in advance of the visit for the best assistance.
- If you are on assignment, please let us know the media outlet including reach, what kind of story is planned, and who we can contact to confirm all this. If you are not on assignment, be prepared to show us samples of your previous work.
- We rely on the kindness of our community partners for media rates or complimentary hosted experiences. It is much easier for us to accommodate you if you come mid-week or between November and April.
- We don't host big "factory FAMs." We're a unique destination. Don't you want your trip to be as well? We do bring in smaller groups on a case-by-case basis.
- Review the Safe Travels Promise as a way to keep our community and yourself safe.
Contacts for Local Businesses
If you can't find the name of the person responsible for PR for a specific company, let us know. We can help find them for you.
Photo and Video Library
Please submit your photo request. We maintain a library of great photos to use for stories promoting travel to Sonoma County. We can respond to your request within 48 hours.
We think all of your stories should be factual and can assist with minor fact-checking. We will answer specific questions from your story but cannot edit an entire article.
For information about film permits, please contact:
Specific questions about the grape growing and wine-making industries in Sonoma County can be addressed to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
President, Sonoma County Winergrowers
Need Our Help?
Request Media Assistance
Access Media Library