As a tactic to increase the length of stays and midweek business during our November-April campaign period, we are asking our community partners to participate in our annual More Than A Stay Promotion (formerly known as the Extended Stay Promotion). Your business can construct your own terms and conditions, including blackout dates, restrictions, and how you want to structure the deal/experience.
In addition to our lodging partners, we are opening up this promotion to partners who offer high-touch experiences that we can promote alongside lodging offers. Even better is when partners are able to work together to create a special package specifically for this campaign that includes both lodging and an experience! In order to facilitate the promotion, partners will need to have an offer code set up in their POS system documenting/describing the experience and for booking/reporting purposes. SCT will work with each partner to make sure the booking or referral traffic experience is seamless for both the visitor and partner.
For our lodging partners, we will link over to your preferred booking site to drive direct, non-commission bookings.
- Lodging: Book 3 nights and get the 4th night free.
- Wineries: Wine-tasting experience in the caves with the winemaker.
- Restaurants: Dinner and a meet-and-greet with the chef. Or, team up and create a special dinner package with a winery/brewery/cidery.
- Lodging & Winery Package: Book 3 nights and get a wine-tasting experience with the winemaker.
- Outdoors: Hiking tour with a ranger.
- Wellness: Connect with nature through a forest bathing tour followed by a 30-minute yoga session.
- Sustainability: Glean excess produce from farms and orchards followed by a farm-to-table picnic cooked by your gleaning lead.
How SCT will raise awareness about this promotion in our Marketing and PR efforts:
- Consumer newsletters during the campaign period (November-April)
- Feature placement in the Sonoma County App
- Home-page content-block placement
- Inclusion throughout all high-traffic landing pages
- Social media ads during the campaign period
- SMM ads during the campaign period
- Potential App challenge dependent on offers submitted
- PR Campaign
Here are two examples of how your promotion will be displayed:
Example Promo: Star Hotel...
Book two nights with us and receive a third night free! It's time to extend your vacation on us.
Example Promo: Wine Maker...
Come experience our wines with a tasting in the vineyards along side with the wine maker.