- Millions of visitors come to Sonoma County annually. Over the next few years, millennial tourists, who prioritize experiential travel, will grow in importance.
- Roughly 90 percent of Sonoma County's current visitors are domestic travelers.
- The 10 percent of international visitors to Sonoma County mainly hail from Canada, Western Europe, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and Korea.
In Sonoma County (2017):
- Annual travel-related spending: $2.1 billion
- Total taxes (government revenue) collected: $177.7 million
- Tourism industry employment: 22,700 jobs
- Total TOT Revenues: $43.7 million
Information from Visit California / Dean Runyan and Associates "California Travel Impacts by County"
Local Tourism Business Statistics (2018):
- 77 percent of Sonoma County tourism businesses are small (fewer than 25 employees)
- 85 percent of tourism businesses are locally owned, only two percent of these are franchises
- 43 percent have been in business for more than 20 years, 35 percent have been in business for 10 or fewer years