Sonoma Coast Kite Month
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
- Thursday, April 25, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
- Friday, April 26, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
- Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
- Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
- Monday, April 29, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 09:00am to 05:00pm
Wanna be blown away by Bodega Bay? Spring is the time of year that Bodega Bay locals say their little town turns into “Blowdega Bay.”
The Sonoma Coast is kicking off it’s first annual “Kite Month!” Bring your kids or rekindle with your inner child and take advantage of a month of kite activities, specials, and the opportunity to play with fellow kite enthusiasts.
This April, it’ll be a breeze to partake in kite activities. Not only does the Sonoma Coast have the wind scheduled for the occasion, but there are two stores almost completely dedicated to kites. Check out Candy & Kites for intricate and whimsical kites and Second Wind for just the right kite for you, as well as a fun selection of vintage candy. They’ve got small kites, huge kites, animal themed kites and even fun spinning yard art.
If you want your spirit lifted to the height of a kite, try out kite-boarding or wind-surfing! If this gets wind in your sails, Bodega Bay Surf Shack has training kites and you can schedule kite-surfing lessons in the harbor where the water is calm, but the wind isn’t!
It’s a breeze to have fun with this themed-month! Starting April 1, stop in at the Sonoma Coast Visitor Center at 913 Highway 1 to pick up your brochure listing all the local kite specials as well as info on the Kite Instagram challenges!