SUP 101 Wohler Bridge Tour
- Sunday, August 5, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, September 2, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, September 9, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 09:00am
- Sunday, October 7, 2018 - 09:00am
Join Rubicon Adventures for a Stand Up Paddleboard adventure! The SUP 101 Wohler Bridge Tour is a two-plus mile paddle upriver along one of the most secluded areas of the scenic Russian River. You may see a variety of riparian wildlife including: river otters, Great Blue Herons, belted kingfisher, osprey, bald eagles, and more. Enjoy a snack and water break at a location on the river with a nice beach and some small dive rocks. Go for a short swim, paddle around, and then head back.
Stand Up Paddleboarding is a moderately strenuous activity. Participants should feel comfortable in the water and be in reasonable physical condition. This clinic is both skills training/development and river tour. You'll learn about safety and equipment issues when paddling a SUP and about turns, river currents, eddies, basic strokes, including the racing or "power stroke" and self-rescue.
Wohler Bridge is located in the midst of the Russian River Wine Appellation. When the tour finishes around noon, you'll have plenty of time to spend the afternoon wine tasting at some of the dozens of nearby wineries.
The SUP 101 Wohler Bridge Tour is also available seven days a week by charter for a minimum of three people.