Quantcast Sonoma Barracks | Sonoma County (Official Site)
 

Sonoma Barracks

20 E. Spain Street
Sonoma, CA 95476
Sonoma Barracks
Part of the Sonoma State Historic Park, the two-story, wide-balconied, adobe barracks facing Sonoma's central plaza were built to house Mexican army troops under the command of General Vallejo. These troops first arrived in Sonoma in 1834 when Vallejo, then the Commandant of the Presidio at San Francisco, was instructed to move his garrison to Sonoma. From then until 1846, Sonoma was the headquarters of the commandant of the Frontera del Norte – the Mexican provincial frontier of the north. Actual construction of the adobe barracks building probably took place in stages, but was more or less completed in 1840 and 1841.
Amenities
Description:
Museum
Museum/Facility Hours Open: Daily: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Days
Javascript is required to view this map.