Visitor Information about Wildfires in Sonoma County
There Are No Active Fires in Sonoma County.
Visitors — Be Prepared
- We encourage travelers to contact businesses they wish to visit before traveling, to determine availability.
- Many state and regional parks in Sonoma County are open. However, there are several closed parks in Sonoma County including Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve, Austin Creek State Recreational Area, Hood Mountain Regional Park, Sugarloaf Ridge State Park and Trione-Annadel State Park.
- Sonoma County’s Mediterranean climate, distinguished by warm, wet winters and calm, dry summers, creates conditions that are ideal for agriculture, but also may result in occasional seasonal weather-related events.
- Sonoma County is a large region encompassing more than 1,500 square miles. Most often weather-related issues occur in one portion of the county with the great majority of the area completely unaffected.
- When traveling to any destination, especially during the peak time periods for weather-related events, visitors should be aware of the potential for a situation that will require immediate action. All travel-related cautions should be considered when making arrangements for any trip.
- Travelers should consult a reputable traveler checklist such as the following before traveling: Travelers from abroad click here and domestic travelers click here.
- Sonoma County recently formed the Office of Recovery & Resiliency and is actively working on region-wide systems and programs to help ensure it is prepared for any weather-related event.
- The media often overstates a situation to grab attention. Should media reports mention Sonoma County, consult either your lodging property or Sonoma County Tourism (800) 576-6662 or (707) 522-5800 or on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updated and accurate information.
- Sonoma County Emergency Social Media updates: Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up for Sonoma County Emergency Alerts
- Air Quality
- CAL Fire
- CAL FIRE Wildfire Preparedness
- California Firesafe Council
- County of Sonoma road closures map
- FCC/FEMA Emergency Communications Tips
- FEMA app
- PG&E – Be Prepared for Emergencies
- PG&E – Wildfire Safety Program
- Public Safety Power Shutoff
- Ready.gov – Be Informed: Power Outages
- Ready.gov – Be Informed: Wildfires
- Red Cross – Disaster Safety for People with Disabilities
- Road closures listed by county
- Visit California – Travel Alerts
- US Travel Association Emergency Readiness and Response
- West Coast Travel Facts
- Public Safety Power Shutoff Fact Sheet (pdf)
- Public Safety Power Shutoff Statewide Fact Sheet (pdf)