Sonoma County Tourism offers additional opportunities for businesses to promote themselves to our three main segments: leisure, groups and meetings.
Read below for details:
If you don't see a program that fits your needs, check back here or be sure to look our for alerts from the marketing team at SCT. We have numerous ad coops throughout the year that target local, national and international travelers.
- AAA Via Magazine Wine Country Co-op 2018
AAA is one of the most recognized brands in the world. Now you can put that power to work for you by joining Via Magazine’s Wine Country co-op page which runs in all four print editions. This membership publication is sent directly to 2,800,000 members. 90% of the circulation is in the Bay Area and Sacramento.
See for more information here or contact [email protected]
Alaska/Horizon is proud to announce growing service into Santa Rosa Airport this year. This coming year we will continue our annual Wine Country Coop program, with a dedicated Coop page in every issue, sponsored by Sonoma County Tourism. Many businesses participate on this page monthly, providing a continued presence in our magazine for a deeply discounted price. Each month we reach over 640,000 passengers, so your ad with us will be well viewed! Find info here.
1/6 - $697 net per issue
1/3 - $1375 net per issue
For more information, contact Yael Kallin, Paradigm Communications Group, [email protected], (206) 441-5871 ext. 27
Sonoma County Tourism is anchoring a two-page co-op in the 2019 Official California Visitor’s Guide (CVG). Sonoma is supporting the co-op program so marketing partners can participate at an affordable rate.*
There will be 12 co-op blocks on the partner page. The rate is $1,650 net per block. This includes an image and 30 words of copy. As a bonus, each co-op partner receives a free enhanced listing with a value of $1,165.
Ad space is limited!
The 2019 CVG is an all-inclusive travel planner that is created to inspire consumers traveling to and within California. The 200-page print and digital print publication with 12 regional state sections, includes comprehensive editorial and hundreds of listings to assist consumers to strategically plan their adventures in California. Download the 2019 CVG media kit here.
Over 500,000 copies of the Official California Visitor’s Guide print version will be published. Distribution details follow:
• On newsstands during prime travel-planning months (Apr–May, Aug–Sep)
• Requests via visitcalifornia.com or the toll-free number 1-800-GO-CALIF
• Sales missions, consumer and travel trade shows
• California Welcome CentersSM and DMOs
• Targeted list of spas, salons, doctors’ offices, country clubs, and auto centers nationwide
- Co-op partners receive: one FREE ad in the digital version of the Guide with a link from your ad to your website
- One complimentary Enhanced Listing in the printed Guide and digital edition, and on the State's online searchable database ($1,165 value)
- Free lead generation from the Travel Information Guide listing via email.
- Click on the following LINK to see the 2018 CVG and the Sonoma co-op:
The Sonoma co-op appears on pages 10 & 11.
- Ad space is limited! Please call or email today to reserve your space. Each partner will receive 30 words and an image. Please note: there can be no copy or logos on the ad images.
- Payment is due January 2019, with approved credit.
* This co-op is offered to all organizations within Sonoma County business improvement area only.
California Visitors Guide
California International Visitors Guides
California Road Trips
PO Box 2300
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
Reach more than 225,000 passengers, 365 days a year.
The Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport provides a great opportunity for local, regional and national brands to advertise their goods and services. The Airport is a gateway for tourists and business professionals alike, with easy access to a diverse economy and strong tourism market. The terminal offers five rental car agencies, a restaurant, and serves as a location for Sonoma County Airport Express, which carries over 200,000 riders annually.
Prices range from $125 to $1200, with many options to fit your budget.
If you are a tourism-related business in the BIA, you may be able to travel with the sales team to select shows. Current opportunities are listed on the Partner Extranet. You can get on the extranet by following these instructions here.
The Official Visitors Guide & Map
The Official Sonoma County Visitors Guide and Map is the premier marketing piece showcasing Sonoma County and is supported by numerous Sonoma County Tourism marketing, advertising, and public relation programs reaching millions of travelers each year. Advertising in the Official Visitors Guide and Map is a cost-effective way to promote your business in the combined 475,000 guides and maps printed every year.
ROI studies show that the total economic impact from the Official Sonoma County Visitors Guide and Map for 2016 was $47,200,904.77 and the average traveler who requests the guide spends $1,390 here in Sonoma County during their visit.
Visitors are looking for lodging, food and wine experiences, attractions, recreation, shopping, cultural arts, and events. The Official Sonoma County Visitors Guide is the essential travelers tool for planning a trip or deciding what to do once arriving in Sonoma County.
For more information, contact:
Connie Bowen, greater Sonoma County
Booking Engine for Packages and Activities Sold on The Website
Advanced Reservations Systems (ARES), our online reservation system partner, has many opportunities for you to market your business on our website's www.sonomacounty.com booking engine. Dean Jones with ARES can help you work out the details to fit your needs; his contact information is below.
Other Opportunites Include
- Free marketing opportunities include getting leads from the sales team, hosting journalists to experience your business, posting your events to our online calendar of events, submitting deals, and updating your web listing on www.SonomaCounty.com. Click here for free marketing opportunities.
- Festivals, events or other tourism-related organizations in Sonoma County interested in funding, please refer to the County of Sonoma's advertising award program, which operates on an annual cycle of grants for programs that meet certain requirements. Sonoma County Tourism is a private, non-profit organization and is solely a marketing and sales organization. SCT doesn’t underwrite or provide grants, but is very, very good at promoting things.
- Marketing: [email protected]
- Public and media relations: [email protected]
- Sales: [email protected]
- General: [email protected]