Sonoma County Tourism offers additional opportunities for businesses to promote themselves to our three main segments: leisure, groups and meetings.
If you don't see a program that fits your needs, check back here or be sure to look our for alerts from the marketing team at SCT. We have numerous ad coops throughout the year that target local, national and international travelers.
Current Co-op Advertising Opportunities
- Co-Op Advertise in Alaska Airline's California Travel Planner - March 2019
- Co-Op Advertise in Visit California's Road Trips 2019
- Co-Op Advertise in Visit California's Visitor Guide 2019
- Sonoma County Airport Advertising
- Meeting and Group Opportunities
- Advertise in Sonoma County's Official Visitor Guide and Map
- Advertise on SonomaCounty.com's Booking Engine
- Other Opportunities
Alaska Airlines is featuring Sonoma County in our March California Travel Planner issue this year! We'll be covering the many great things Sonoma County has to offer in this issue, from tastings to pairings and when and where to visit. This is a great opportunity to promote your business to over 3.8 million passengers in the largest Airline to Sonoma County. We have both display and coop advertising available, see attached for more information on pricing and booking space with the magazine.
Please reach out to reserve space for this issue by January 25th, 2019, and reach out directly to Yael Kallin at [email protected] or 206-441-5871 X27.
Sonoma County Tourism is anchoring a co-op page in the 2019/2020 California Road Trips publication and subsidizing this co-op program so marketing partners can participate at a very affordable rate. (This co-op is offered to all businesses within Sonoma County business improvement area only.)
The investment for each partner is only $2,121. There will be nine co-op blocks on the page. Ad space is limited! Details follow:
1 MILLION TOTAL CIRCULATION
600,000 inserted in selected copies of the Summer issue of Travel + Leisure. Exposure on visitcalifornia.com through Nxtbook Media digital edition which includes a link to the advertiser’s website.
400,000 direct to consumers, fulfillment upon request, at key destinations beginning in mid-June: California Welcome Centers, CVBs, and Visitor Centers, Travel + Leisure events throughout the year.
All advertisers will receive FREE reader-service listing.
Please contact Tom Ward at [email protected], or 530-621-1235
Note: ad sales now closed for the 2019 guide. We will list the 2020 guide opportunity in spring of 2019.
Sonoma is supporting the co-op program so marketing partners can participate at an affordable rate.
Note: This co-op is offered to all organizations within Sonoma County business improvement area only.
There will be 12 co-op blocks on the partner page. The rate is $1,650 net per block. This includes an image and 30 words of copy.
As a bonus, each co-op partner receives a free enhanced listing with a value of $1,165.
The 2019 CVG is an all-inclusive travel planner that is created to inspire consumers traveling to and within California. The 200-page print and digital print publication with 12 regional state sections, includes comprehensive editorial and hundreds of listings to assist consumers to strategically plan their adventures in California.
Contact Tom Ward for more information at [email protected] or 530-621-1235.
Reach more than 225,000 passengers, 365 days a year. The Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport provides a great opportunity for local, regional and national brands to advertise their goods and services. Learn more about advertising at the airport here.
The Airport is a gateway for tourists and business professionals alike, with easy access to a diverse economy and strong tourism market.
The terminal offers five rental car agencies, a restaurant, and serves as a location for Sonoma County Airport Express, which carries over 200,000 riders annually.
If you are a tourism-related business in the BIA, you may be able to travel with the sales team to select shows.
Note: ad sales now closed for the 2019 guide. We will list the 2020 guide opportunity in summer of 2019.
The 2019 issue of the Official Sonoma County Visitors Guide and Map—a comprehensive travel planner published in partnership with Sonoma County Tourism and Studio M Publishing—is in the works.
The Visitor Guide remains an effective planning and inspirational tool for potential travelers, many of whom rely on the guide, the website, and social media when planning their travel.
Sonoma County Tourism recently surveyed those who requested a Visitors Guide—through the website, reader reply cards, and elsewhere.
- 92% of recipients said the Visitors Guide influenced their trip.
- 15.7% of recipients said they extended their trip after reading the Visitors Guide.
- $77 million total economic impact of the Visitors Guide.
Advertising in the Sonoma County Visitors Guide and Map is a cost-effective way to introduce your business to the constant curiosity of the tourism industry with the combined 475,000 guides and maps printed every year.
For more information, contact Studio M Publishing, Inc.:
Connie Bowen: greater Sonoma County
Emily Richter: Petaluma, Rohnert Park, and Sonoma Valley
Advanced Reservations Systems (ARES), our online reservation system partner, has many opportunities for you to market your business on Sonomacounty.com booking engine.
Dean Jones with ARES can help you work out the details to fit your needs; his contact information is below:
- Free marketing opportunities include getting leads from the sales team, hosting journalists to experience your business, posting your events to our online calendar of events, submitting deals, and updating your web listing on SonomaCounty.com.
- Festivals, events or other tourism-related organizations in Sonoma County interested in funding, please refer to the County of Sonoma's advertising award program, which operates on an annual cycle of grants for programs that meet certain requirements. Sonoma County Tourism is a private, non-profit organization and is solely a marketing and sales organization. SCT doesn’t underwrite or provide grants, but is very, very good at promoting things.