Stay Kindly in Sonoma County
Travelers are empowered to make a positive impact to the local community and the environment when visiting Sonoma County through Kind Traveler, the first socially conscious “Give and Get” hotel booking and education platform. Choosing to give a $10 a night to a local charity unlocks exclusive rates and perks from Kind Traveler’s curated list of “Kind Hotels.” The $10-a-night donation will go to a designated local charity that positively impacts the destination.
Charitable Travel Supports Local Causes
Participating hotels in Sonoma County that offer exclusive rates and special perks on Kind Traveler include: Farmhouse Inn, Flamingo Resort, The Gables Wine Country Inn, Hotel E, The Lodge at Bodega Bay Sonoma Coast, The Sandman Hotel, The Stavrand Russian River Valley, Timber Cove Resort, Vintners Resort, and Wildhaven Sonoma.
Staying at these properties will support Sonoma County-based charities that make a positive impact.
- Charlie’s Acres Farm Sanctuary is dedicated to the care of rescued farm animals facing abuse and serving as a sanctuary where its animals can live out their lives in peace.
- Farm to Pantry brings together communities to end food injustice and reverse global warming by rescuing and sharing locally grown food with those who have been systematically marginalized.
- Pepperwood Preserve inspires conservation through science; managing a unique 3,200-acre biological reserve and refuge for more than 900 species of native plants and wildlife.
- The Redwood Empire Food Bank is Sonoma County’s largest hunger-relief organization, serving 82,000 people.
- The Russian Riverkeeper restores and sustains the health of Sonoma County’s popular Russian River.
- Sonoma Land Trust protects more than 50,000 acres of beautiful, productive, and environmentally significant land in and around Sonoma County.
Every Stay Gives Back
Select Sonoma County lodging partners have become the first in California to participate in a pilot program with Kind Traveler’s new community impact certification, “Every Stay Gives Back,” which automatically harnesses donations with every guest stay to local Sonoma County charities, regardless of whether the booking occurred through Kind Traveler. The Stavrand Russian River Valley was the first hotel in California to enroll in this program, with The Gables Wine Country Inn and Wildhaven Sonoma also signing on as participants.
Make An Impact
We invite you to learn more about how you can Travel Kindly in Sonoma County and make a positive impact during your stay at Kind Traveler.
Discover additional ways to to make sustainable choices and have more meaningful experiences while in Sonoma County at sonomacounty.com/sustainable.