About Sonoma County Tourism
Sonoma County Tourism is the official destination stewardship organization for California's Sonoma County. SCT is a private, non-profit marketing and sales organization dedicated to promoting overnight stays and creating a sustainable hospitality economy in Sonoma County, California.
Located 45 minutes from San Francisco, Sonoma County provides a genuine and adventurous wine country experience.
The hospitality and tourism industry in Sonoma County comprises one out of every ten jobs and provides almost $150 million in revenue for local and state governments. This revenue is used for things like parks, economic development, cultural and historical festivals and events, affordable housing and other uses. (For more information on the tourism industry, see the statistics page.)
Snapshot of Tourism Businesses in Sonoma County:
- 76 percent of Sonoma County tourism businesses are small (fewer than 25 employees)
- 91 percent of tourism businesses are locally owned, only eight percent of these are franchises
- 40 percent have been in business for more than 20 years, 26% have been in business for ten or fewer years
- 90 percent of tourism businesses actively support local charities
Sonoma County Tourism
400 Aviation Boulevard, Suite 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Main: 800-576-6662 / 707-522-5800
E-mail: [email protected]
With a staff of sales, marketing & public relations, communications, and administrative professionals, Sonoma County Tourism promotes Sonoma County as a desirable overnight destination to three main markets: leisure, meetings and groups (incl. weddings) and tour and travel.
Sonoma County Tourism is delighted to present its FY19-21 Strategic Business Plan.
This plan identifies the priorities for the organization over the next two years and lays the foundation for long-term programming.
Through the work of the Board of Directors and with input from stakeholders, the plan identifies six key initiatives: Drive Overnight Visitation, Create and Convey Value, Enhance Partners/Partnerships, Spearhead Long-term Destination Planning, and Run an Effective Business.
The plan is designed to help the organization achieve its vision of A robust economy for Sonoma County businesses and residents amplified by results-driven tourism planning and marketing. Please review the plan – you’re feedback is welcomed!
Sonoma County Tourism Links:
- Sonoma County Tourism - Official DMO for Sonoma County
- Meet the Sonoma County Tourism staff
- Meet our Board of Directors
- Meet our hard-working committee members
- Meet the Faces of Sonoma County Tourism
- Find Career & RFP Opportunities
- Read our Board of Directors Minutes
- Read Board Meeting Agendas
- Statistics About Tourism
- CTA - Certified Tourism Ambassador Program
- Sonoma County Tourism Cares
- Annual Meeting
- Sonoma County in the News Media / Accolades
- Special Event Investment Application