About Sonoma County Tourism
Sonoma County Tourism (SCT) is the official destination stewardship organization dedicated to promoting overnight stays and creating a sustainable hospitality economy in Sonoma County, California.
SCT is a private, non-profit 501(c)6 organization, staffed by professionals in the fields of sales, marketing, communications, and administration. It is governed by a volunteer board of directors, with input from committees, stakeholders, and the general public.
The core values of SCT are accountability, innovation, leadership, transparency, and diversity. These values drive our strategic planning, and affect decisions for sales, marketing, and operations.
Located 45 minutes from San Francisco, Sonoma County provides a genuine and adventurous wine country experience.
The hospitality and tourism industry in Sonoma County comprises one out of every 10 jobs and provides almost $150 million in revenue for local and state governments. This revenue is used for things like parks, economic development, cultural and historical festivals and events, affordable housing and other uses. (For more information on the tourism industry, see the statistics page.)
Snapshot of Tourism Businesses in Sonoma County:
- 76 percent of Sonoma County tourism businesses are small (fewer than 25 employees)
- 91 percent of tourism businesses are locally owned, only eight percent of these are franchises
- 40 percent have been in business for more than 20 years, 26% have been in business for ten or fewer years
- 90 percent of tourism businesses actively support local charities
Sonoma County Tourism
400 Aviation Boulevard, Suite 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Main: 800-576-6662 / 707-522-5800
E-mail: [email protected]
With a staff of sales, marketing & public relations, communications, and administrative professionals, Sonoma County Tourism promotes Sonoma County as a desirable overnight destination to three main markets: leisure, meetings and groups (incl. weddings) and tour and travel.
Sonoma County Tourism is delighted to present its FY 21-23 Strategic Business Plan.
This plan identifies the priorities for the organization over the next two years and lays the foundation for long-term programming.
Through the work of the Board of Directors and with input from stakeholders, the plan identifies key initiatives.
Please review the plan – you’re feedback is welcomed!
Sonoma County Tourism Links:
- Sonoma County Tourism - Funding & Budget
- History of Sonoma County Tourism
- Meet the Sonoma County Tourism staff
- Meet our Board of Directors
- Meet our hard-working committee members
- Meet the Faces of Sonoma County Tourism
- Find Career & RFP Opportunities
- Read our Board of Directors Minutes
- Read Board Meeting Agendas
- Statistics About Tourism
- Join our Accredited Hospitality Professional program
- Sonoma County Tourism Cares
- Annual Meeting
- Sonoma County in the News Media / Accolades
- Special Event Investment Application